DID YOU KNOW?
• Our local Boys & Girls Clubs served over 700 individual youth last year.
• Parents repeatedly tell us how they couldn't do without The Club, it's hard to get their child to leave The Club and that The Club SAVED their child.
• Any child age 6-18 was able to come to The Club and receive a FREE lunch last summer,
member or not thanks to the Clubs' collaboration with LiveWell and other agencies.
• You can elect donations to the Club to be automatically deducted from your checking account?
• 103 kids graduated from the SMART Moves (Skills Mastery & Resistance Training) programs
• Our budget is over $500,000? Most of that money is spent in Chaffee County. We employ 17 full
and part-time Chaffee County residents who are passionate about helping kids reach their full
• All students pay only $25 per year to belong to the club and benefit from BGCCC programs? Yet their are still some who need scholarships.
• About 43% of our funding comes from our generous local community, but we must rely on
foundations and state grants for additional funding which is becoming harder to get?
• Over 550 families have attended BGCCC Family Night and Outreach Events?
• Just ONE person can make a real difference in a child’s life through a donation or a relationship?
• In collaboration with other agencies, The Club helped 180 eligible, but not enrolled, children to
apply for public health insurance assistance, thus contributing to better health for our children.
• Over 130 kids per day currently take advantage of the safe, secure environment and positive
programs at the Boys & Girls Clubs?
• Boys & Girls Clubs stresses character building and leadership development, academic success
and healthy lifestyles.Boys & Girls Clubs provides: > A safe place for those who may be left alone or with little guidance after school.
> Programs to open young minds to new ideas and skills.
> A relationship with caring, trained adults through activities designed to capture
student interests, teach skills and build supportive relationships.
> Hope and opportunity that lead to self-confidence, good decisions, and a brighter
Boys & Girls Clubs have NATIONALLY PROVEN programs and services that instill:
> a sense of competence – the feeling there is something boys & girls can do well
> a sense of usefulness – the opportunity to do something of value for OTHER people
> a sense of belonging – a setting where young people know they "fit" and are accepted
> a sense of power or influence – a chance to be heard and to influence decisions
All these help enhance self-esteem and aid in the development of caring, responsible, and productive citizens.
Do you know that even the little things cost to run our club?
Do you know what other community members think about
Check out the video which was shot and produced for FREE by local resident Charles Newcomb.